Whether you are sending in photos for a reading via email or sitting in person,
here are the instructions to prepare your cup.
- Find a quiet contemplative space. A quiet physical space if you can, and/or a quiet space inside yourself.
- Choose a tea cup that means something to you. Tea cups with a saucer and handle work best and I can read most others types of cups too as long as I can clearly see the tea.
- Choose a loose tea - black, green, white, herbal, blends - and stir it in gently. Choose any amount that feels right for you. Remember that it expands when it absorbs the water. The space between the leaves and the tea itself is also important. Stir in hot water. You can use milks, sugar, lemon or honey too if you’d like, but just water works best.
- While preparing and drinking the tea, choose either a wish (that you keep to yourself) and a time frame (which you tell me – days, weeks, months or a year). OR, You can choose to hold a question you have (which you keep to yourself). You can share all or a portion of your wish or question if you want to, but you don't need to.
- Drink all the way around the rim until all the liquid is gone. That is to say, don't drink from the same place on the cup. Keep turning the cup as you drink. You can choose how many times to go around yourself. You will have to sieve the tea through your teeth as you drink. Allow the tea leaves to stay where they land in this process.
- Once the liquid is gone and only tea leaves remain, if you have a cup with a saucer (and if you want to do this step, it's optional) turn the cup upside down on the saucer and gently turn it 3 times while it remains upside down. It's ok if some of the tea falls into the saucer. I can read it as well.
- Set the saucer aside if you've used it and turn the cup upright for the reading.
- If you are in-person, this is when I'll start the reading and ask you what the timeframe is if you've chosen one.
- If you are emailing photos, send photos from 3-4 perspectives being sure I can see all the leaves and the handle if there is one.
- If you are in-person, I can accept cash, cheques or e-transfer.
- If you are emailing photos please send the e-transfer (Canadian only) or PayPal payment at this point. I will do the reading after I've successfully received the payment. nicole (at) nicolemoen (dot) ca. Please ensure that I know the answer to the question that is asked for the eTransfer. Much gratitude!
Enjoy your tea!